原创翻译:龙腾网 http://www.ltaaa.com 翻译:文学准青年 转载请注明出处

Mexico cancels Chinese bullet train deal

墨西哥取消中国子弹头列车协议



Mexico City (AFP) - Mexico abruptlywithdrew a multi-billion-dollar deal Thursday with a Chinese-led consortium tobuild the country's first bullet train after concerns were raised about thebidding process.

墨西哥城(法新社)——周四,墨西哥突然撤销以中国公司为首的几十亿美元的列车协议,主要是出于投标程序上的担忧。

The government had awarded the $3.75billion contract to the China Railway Construction Corp. and four Mexicanpartners on Monday after the group had been the only one to submit a bid.

墨西哥政府周一将37.5亿美元的列车合同交给了中国铁道建设总公司及四家墨西哥合作伙伴,这组公司是唯一的投标者。

But President Enrique Pena Nieto scrappedthe deal to avoid "any doubts about the legitimacy and transparency"of the bidding process, said Transport Minister Gerardo Ruiz Esparza.

但是墨西哥总统取消了这个协议,以避免人们对这次投标过程的合法性和透明性提出质疑,运输部长说。

Ruiz Esparza told the Televisa network thatPena Nieto had taken the decision "moments ago" and that the biddingwould start over.

部长对媒体说,总统刚刚做了这个决定,投标将重新举行。

More time will be allotted to encouragemore train-makers to make proposals, the ministry said.

将放宽投标时间以鼓励其他列车制造商也参与投标。



The Chinese-Mexican consortium faced noopposition when it was picked Monday to build the 210-kilometer (130-mile)high-speed rail between the capital Mexico City and the central manufacturinghub of Queretaro.

周一竞标时,这支由中国和墨西哥公司组成的团队没有遇到竞争对手。这条高铁210公里长,链接首都墨西哥城和中部制造业中心克雷塔罗。

Pena Nieto surprisingly revoked the dealthree days before flying to China for an Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation(APEC) summit and a two-day state visit in his latest effort to forge closerties with the Asian powerhouse.

墨西哥总统突然间取消这个协议,而三天后他将飞到中国参加APEC会议,并对中国进行两天的国事访问,以进一步加强与中国的关系。

The high-speed rail project is part of PenaNieto's plan to bring back passenger trains to Latin America's second-biggesteconomy.

总统计划将旅客列车重新带回到这个拉丁美洲第二大经济体,这个高铁项目是其中的一部分内容。

But only one group submitted a proposal bythe October 15 deadline.

而在10月15号的截止日期前,只有一组公司提交了提案。

The transport ministry said at the timethat 16 companies decided against entering the contest, including industrygiants Mitsubishi of Japan, Alstom of France, Bombardier of Canada and Siemensof Germany.

交通部说当时有16家公司决定放弃投标,包括行业巨头日本三菱,法国的阿尔斯通,加拿大的庞巴迪以及德国的西门子。

It did not explain why the companies shiedaway from making bids.

交通部没有解释为什么这些公司退出投标。